Alexander The “Great” [Emma]

Alexander the Great, was he good? No he was a horrible man. Let me just put out their that I can do math, and 39,000 does not equal 15,000, and that 39,000 people are all the people that Alexander has either killed are sold and the 15,000 is all the people that were saved by the Sidons1. He didn’t want anything to do with the word kind because in “The Legend of the Hat” By Ian Worthington, states that “Most biographers of Alexander say that the king gave him a talent as a reward for his zeal. Then ordered his head to be cut off [because] the prophets had explained that...he should not allow the head that the royal head band to be safe.” There is a lot of things wrong with cutting someone's head off because they were kind to you. WHAT!!! I mean come on Alexander didn’t your mother ever teach you some manners the basics at least, like I don’t know, NOT CUTTING SOMEONE’S HEAD OFF! No wonder people aren’t a fond of you Alexander. In my eyes in order to be a good leader you need to be (have):
Courage
Intelligence 
Creativity  
Leadership
Concern for Others 
Discipline
Remarkable Achievement
Integrity

Yes, I can agree that he has some of those traits like leadership, and courage but that doesn’t affect his KINDness level...at all!
You still think he’s good well listen to this, “So extraordinary was the effect of this water wasted by Alexander was as good as a drink for every man in the army.”2. 


All I can say is Alexander really wanted to spread Greek culture because
after selling and killing
39,00 he killed 100,000 more in 4 battles lead by him to expand 
his territory to 2,000,000
square miles3.
Well Alexander you won my vote for believing that you should be known as Alexander the not so great, you make me cringe in disgust every time I hear your name because of all the people you killed and sold. 
I definitely believe that you are truley Alexander the NOT so great!

Sources:
1 Alexander of Macedon, Peter Green, University of California press 1991.
2 The Campaigns of Alexander, Lucius Flavius Arrianus, Circa 130 C.E (A.D).
3 Alexander’s Legacy, compiled by various sources.