Alexander The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Dude [Piper]


So… was Alexander the Great bad, or not? Well in my opinion he wasn’t the greatest guy. In fact… he was horrible! If you know a little bit about Alexander, you know that he spread his Greek ideas. Even though it sounds like a good deed, it really wasn’t. Yes, some people did adopt his ideas and culture and way of life, but the bigger population didn’t like what he was encouraging. So what would he do if you disobeyed him? He would kill you or force you to believe in him by using terror, torture,or worst of all… he would burn your city to the ground and  enslave you and your family. This actually wasn’t the worst part. It was pretty much up there though. If I were Alexander’s slave the worst part for me would be doing his dirty work. By dirty work, I mean killing “important” and “unimportant” people in the city-state.


I’ve clearly stated that I really disliked Alexander, but there are definitely more reasons to not honor him in any kind of history. I’m not forcing my opinions on you (like Alexander did), but I really think he was a bully. I’m actually glad that he died before the age of thirty. Blah blah blah elephents, blah blah blah illness. Yeah so anyway, Alexander the great wasn’t great at all. He should have been called Alexander the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Dude.